This entry level Inside Sales position is responsible for developing new business and growing existing low performing accounts. This business to business sales position will sell amenities, textiles, room accessories, paper, janitorial supplies, cleaning and FF&E products to hotels in the United States.
• Assist in the set-up of new accounts including the creation of customer order guides, obtaining new account applications, setting up price-rules, establish order/delivery schedules, implement customer/vendor pricing agreements, create files
and other related duties. Coordinate activities with appropriate departments in order to meet or exceed the customer’s expectation.
• Increase sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales calls and following up. Utilize product knowledge, ROI and analytical research tools (i.e., Phocas, GForce and Salesforce.com) and sales training
resources to effectively target new prospects and opportunities.
• Maintain, build, and expand customer relationships via telephone, email or other electronic means.
• Continuously monitor assigned accounts and take corrective action, as needed, to maintain and improve overall customer satisfaction.
• Regularly communicate with assigned accounts regarding new products and services, company changes, holiday schedules, item changes, and new sales opportunities.
• Update customer about any pricing/ item changes or information.
• Immediately notify management team if an existing account is in jeopardy of discontinuing service or issues remain unresolved regardless of attempts to correct situation.
• Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure customers pay invoices within agreed upon terms.
• Provide coverage for existing accounts in open territories.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to communicate clearly through email and telephone. Ability to effectively present
information and respond to questions from clients, management and associates. Capable of working with others in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Ability to think creatively and become solution driven.
• Active listening skills to understand and interpret solution driven selling.
• Aptitude for processing information and incorporating feedback for interactive business conversation.
• Capacity to convey ideas effectively and sell a variety of products
• Professional demeanor, vibrant personality, and the ability to instill trust with people.
• Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work independently within a team environment and strive to be the best.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
• Computer literacy including familiarity in handling and maintaining a customer database and skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook) and Internet navigation.
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus.