Ensures the repair and maintenance of equipment, building, and grounds necessary to maintain maximum production efficiency and quality of Gilchrist & Soames products and services. This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting within our liquid filling operation and manufacturing departments in support of the production schedule. This position exhibits a high degree of latitude in prioritization of production issues with a focus on process improvement through machine/industrial maintenance and mechanical engineering.
• PLC, motor controls & industrial electricity diagnostics & repair on automated equipment motors, VFDs, control centers, electrical panels, conveyors, vibratory systems, labeling machines, packaging machines, etc.
• Machine repair on automated machines using hand tools, shop tools, welders, etc.
• Hydraulic / Pneumatic diagnostics and repair: pumps, cylinders, valves, piping, etc.
• Parts ordering and inventory parts usage, vendor communications utilizing CMMS / work order systems
• Able to learn fast / train operators and support staff on equipment solutions / resolutions.
• Conduct process equipment diagnostics.
• Some facilities maintenance systems responsibilities
• Positive attitude and excellent attendance necessary.
• Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience including equipment installation, diagnostics, and repair utilizing industrial shop tools and equipment – high speed packaging/ bottling experience strongly desired
• At least 1 year electrical controls experience with emphasis on industrial electricity utilizing digital volt meters, amp probes, and electrical schematics. PLC experience a plus.
• Complete understanding and experience with Lock Out/Tag Out procedures and Safety Environmental compliance
• Pneumatic / hydraulic systems repair and diagnostics preferred
• Preference on CMMS and work order, parts inventory maintenance system experience
• Previous experience with building maintenance, construction, plumbing, and/or painting
• Good written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and perform in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work with others in a team setting.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
• Good troubleshooting skills helpful.
• Familiar with OSHA requirements.
• Hish School or equivelant
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
Health, dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Short and long term disability insurance
Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel, including overnight (approx. 30 %) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Overtime work may be required depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.