The Senior Accountant is responsible to perform general accounting activities of moderate complexity with emphasis on accuracy of inventory reporting, the monthly close, account analysis, and summaries as required for effective financial management of the business. This position will support the Accounting Manager in bridging actual, budget, and forecasting, along with providing guidance to other staff accountants. Ensures Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance as it relates to controls and segregation of duties for function area(s).
• Compile financial information to perform / support accounting processes such as General Ledger entries, Balance Sheet account reconciliations and Profit & Loss variance analysis.
• Maintain accuracy and integrity over reporting of manufacturing production costs
• Review inventory management and reporting
• Prepare consolidated financial statements by analyzing information from the General Ledger and working in collaboration with other department leads.
• Analyze financial information to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
• Coordinate Staff Accountant(s) activities and assist with reconciliations, journal entries. Provide guidance on the proper handling of financial transactions in compliance with SOX.
• Recommend, develop and implement accounting procedure changes as necessary.
• Produce quarterly sales bonus profit and loss statement for executive sales management, including expected actual year-end bonus earnings.
• Prepare and submit year-end sales bonus profit and loss statements for executive sales team and Operating Units’ profit plan operating expenses.
• Assist with preparation of annual Profit Plan and miscellaneous projects.
• Participate in the maintenance and oversight of company record keeping in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and SOX compliance.
• Advanced computer skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with online accounting systems. PeopleSoft preferred.
• Exposure to general ledger accounting and financial statement reporting.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive
• Ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Team player attitude with the ability to work independently.
• Detail-oriented with outstanding levels of accuracy, while analyzing complex financial information.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
Minimum Required: 5-7 years related accounting experience, including managerial.
Preferred: 7+ years related accounting experience including manuafacturing industry preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree in related field and CPA preferred.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
Health, dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Short and long term disability insurance
Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel, including overnight (approx. 30 %) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Overtime work may be required depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.