Who We Are:
Gilchrist & Soames, a division of Guest Supply, is a leading provider of cosmetic-grade toiletry collections for world-class hotels, exclusive resorts and distinguished spa, inns and bed & breakfasts. Specializing in servicing the luxury market, our products can be found in over 6,000 properties in over 90 countries.
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 88 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
As an Assistant Compounder on 2nd Shift, you will be responsible for the producing lotions, body wash, shampoos, conditioners, and other cosmetic-grade toiletries using our formulary procedures. Our 2nd Shift is scheduled four (4) days per week working a 10 hour work day which begins at 3:15 PM.
Are You The One?
If you are a person who has: demonstrated a strong work ethic, demonstrated experience fostering a culture of employee engagement, safety and continuous improvement, and the ability to positively adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment, and experience with an automated filling or high speed/high volume production, you can have a career at Gilchrist & Soames that challenges your intellect and develops your personal and professional career goals.
This position is responsible producing Gilchrist and Soames product in accordance with the proper formulary procedures and specifications.
• Makes Product in accordance with formulary procedures and specifications.
• Puts away inventory for Compounding. Completes all paperwork necessary for all aspects of the job.
• Receives, Issues, Transfers chemical and products.
• Cleans compounding area and totes as required for job tasks. Assists in performing quality control checks on product.
• Complete s transactions through LX inventory system.
• Checks load cell weight versus chemical (miracare, betaine, and/or water) called for the order.
• Performs cycle counts of compounding inventory.
• Complies with all Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined by G&S and governmental institutions.
• Assists in performing quality control checks on product.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or trade school
• Previous Manufacturing/Warehouse experience preferred.
• Previous Quality Control experience.
• No previous batching and mixing experience required.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
• Car allowance
• Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
• Manufacturing environment with moderate noise level. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
• This position requires full range of body motion to include: standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, and reaching. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The ability to utilize a variety of hand position such as hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to operate machinery or work equipment controls is required.
• The position requires as well corrected vision, talking and hearing to normal range.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. May occasionally move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds, with assistance from another/other employee(s).
• Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, gloves, and steel toed work shoes.
• May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.