Minimum Education, Including Degrees & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
Minimum Experience (Years & Type of Experience):
- 5 years of work experience/internship in marketing function.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment categories preferred.
Skills & Abilities (Type & Proficiency):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and Publisher. PeopleSoft ERP preferred.
- Copywriting experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment (including photographic), and telephone to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position will require travel to and from internal and customer events as needed (approximately 10%). Limited overnight travel is required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and vendor events.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)