The Budget/Financial Analyst (BFA) provides analytical support for day-to-day business and new strategic business opportunities by collecting, reviewing, analyzing and reporting financial information to understand and drive the Company’s profitability, efficiency and growth. The BFA will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance and executive management to gather information, summarize the data to formulate a clear picture, make data driven recommendations, and help implement solutions. Requirements include development of analytical tools, profitability analyses, business cases, market research, sales account and program recommendations, support for sales forecasts, and collaborative solutions.
• Develop, implement and maintain reporting tools that leverage existing data in PeopleSoft to provide key indicators of profitability.
• Provide regular reports at determined frequency to influence business processes.
• Lead point of contact during the budget Planning and Forecasting for the subsidiary, including cost center budgets, invest plan and headcount. Help with preparation and
consolidation of working documents and financial statements.
• Prepare and update monthly Key Figure Reports.
• Review select monthly financial results, analyze variances, investigate causes of key variances, and prepare summary reports.
• Review sales, cost and spending trends for the channels and identify variances or changes that require management attention. Make recommendations accordingly.
• Proactively propose, design, create, and deliver statistical and expense modeling to support the operations team in managing expenses.
• Assess the impact of operational changes and model the impact it will have to the business.
• Regularly monitor expense lines to quickly identify changes in trends to alert management
• Prepare weekly and monthly standardized reporting packages.
• Support the Marketing team as necessary to prepare cost/benefit analysis on major marketing initiatives and perform audits after the completion of marketing programs to
understand actual results.
• Support the Sales team with financial information needed to support customer requests, to understand customer profitability, and to develop / validate assumptions that form
the basis for forecasts and budgets.
• Assist in the development of market research and analysis, financial models, business cases and white papers for key sales and strategic growth projects.
• Participate in the key decision making processes as it relates to contribution margin.
• Perform other analysis as requested by executive management.
• Bachelor Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field.
• MBA a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years financial reporting experience, preferably in an integrated ERP environment.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in performing financial analysis to include modeling, channel / account analysis, and profitability analysis.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
• Ability to see the big picture but also work at a detailed level.
• Strong and self-confident personality with the ability to challenge assumptions and ideas and influence without authority.
• Team player who is willing to dive into challenges.
• Ability to synthesize information into recommendations, and use those recommendations to drive change.
• Determination to find information and develop hypotheses with limited concrete data.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Team player attitude with the ability to work independently.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Advanced computer skills (spreadsheet, database and graphics) and proficient knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft.