The Warehouse Selector is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: selecting, shipping, putaway, replenishment, consolidation, count checks, loading of trucks.
- Select customer orders using Vocollect Voice Recognition Technology: Uses various powered industrial equipment to perform the following:
- Select, palletize and convey product to staging area for shipment to customers.
- Meet company Productivity and Accuracy goals to ensure excellent customer service.
- Wrap pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability.
- Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product damage
- Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations
- Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse:
- Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations
- Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space
- Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations
- Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety:
- Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy
- Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
- Experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
- Proficient in the operation of Powered Industrial Trucks such as stand-up reach truck or sit-down truck and other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack). 1-2 years’ related experience preferred.
- Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred.
- Experience with RF or Voice devices preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff.
- Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and customers.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
- Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and RF devices a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed