The Porter is responsible for performing daily work assignments for assigned areas such as manufacturing, administrative offices, employee break rooms, bathrooms, warehouse and building exterior while maintaining all assigned areas in a clean, safe and well maintained condition in accordance with housekeeping, recycling, GMP & safety standards.
• General duties include but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing, dusting, wiping, polishing, washing items, collecting trash, loading trash into the compactor, outside trash and leaf pick up, window cleaning,
vacuuming, operating floor scrubber, operating other powered industrial equipment and logging activities in log books when required.
• Perform light building maintenance tasks including but not limited to painting; collecting, sorting & baling plastic and other materials for recycling; cleaning gutters and outside catch basin screens; clean building ceilings, floors, walls,
ramps, walkways, sidewalks, stairs and re-lamping lights; collect and properly store used lamps for recycling as required; and log activities as required.
• Deliver messages, transport small equipment or tools through the building as needed.
• Set up table and chair in Cafeteria, Break Rooms, Office & Conference Rooms as instructed.
• Adhere to safety guidelines, company policies and general housekeeping standards throughout the facility.
• Use supplies, equipment and materials in an economic manner.
• Report any potential safety issues to management.
• Recommend improvements in methods, material and safety.
• Attend and comprehend monthly safety trainings.
• Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policies. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of
working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to read and comprehend company policies and procedures, safety rules, standard operational procedures (SOP), maintenance instructions, labels, manuals, reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures. Develops alternative
solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
• Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions and
follows through on commitments.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
• 1 year related experience, preferably with some maintenance experience included.
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or trade school is preferred.