The Director of Credit & Collections is responsible for the oversight and implementation of credit & collection processes and procedures and management of the accounts receivable investment portfolio of the Company.
• Formulate and establish general policies, procedures and best practices governing overall credit and accounts receivable operations in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Primary liaison between Sales and Corporate Finance to ensure a good working relationship leading to collaborative receivable goals
• Exercise prudent control and judgment to improve the sales potential of the Company while recognizing the risk associated with the accounts receivable generated from sales.
• Manage the accounts receivable investment portfolio including forecasting receivable levels based on sales projections and determine the cash to be realized from such receivables over designated periods of time.
• Implement processes, controls and policies to ensure the stability of Accounts Receivable portfolio and management of associated risks. Includes the control and monitoring of the bad debt allowance and
• Liaison to Senior Management with regard to preparation, administration and control of departmental budget and receivable reporting to both Sysco Corporate and Guest Supply.
• Monitor day to day operations of the Credit & Collections Department. Direct planning and development of team and establishment of goals for their performance. Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to
managers on progress towards goals. Coach and develop
management in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Counsel and direct management on handling employee relations, staffing, disciplinary actions and maintaining a
positive work environment. Conduct regular department meetings
to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement. Participate in staff
selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective
action and terminations, as necessary. Promote continuous training and development of associates.
• Lead and facilitate change management in support of organizational goals.
• Maintenance of all files outsourced for legal and collection. Determine validity of legal placements by verification of customer file data and available resources.
• Department lead for Sarbanes-Oxley audits.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports for senior management as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials.
Minimum 10-15 years in both Credit and A/R managerial capacity in an ERP/Oracle software environment.
• Expert level skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and working knowledge of modern ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft).
• Proficient in financial statement analysis and using Dun & Bradstreet and Experian reporting systems.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings.Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style and strategic
team player. Delegates responsibilities effectively.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and
inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Highly developed skills in negotiation.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed. Ability to maintain positive customer relations in difficult circumstances.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions under pressure that impact both internal and external customers. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
“PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT”
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and
arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
• This position will primarily work in an office environment.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Limited travel may be required to visit other office locations, staff meetings, company events, training sessions, and/or client meetings.
• May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license and provide proof of current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
• If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
• This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)