The Project Coordinator provides direct support to designated Project Manager and project team, from job conception to final reconciliation, for partial or complete FF&E renovation or new construction hotel projects sold by SGS. Duties include but are not limited to coordination and management of client orders to meet delivery expectations, communication of status updates and/or changes to project timeline, data entry, including design specifications, purchase orders and sales orders for customer billing and close out and reconciliation of completed project paperwork.
• Utilize proprietary ordering system (FFEZ) to enter design specifications for quote preparation, issue purchase orders to suppliers, including ongoing change orders. Responsible for inputting information necessary to generate project
reports such as installation and expediting reports, design images and design specification sheets. Apply hotel brand standards to products being quoted.
• Coordinate and manage client orders to meet delivery expectations. Review vendor acknowledgements for accuracy. Identify and resolve discrepancies to ensure accurate and timely receipt of product.
• Ensure gross profit margins are met as required by management.
• Monitor and expedite shipping dates to meet client requirements.
• Interface with vendors to assist Project Manager with vendor problems, freight claims or shortages.
• Communicate and interact with numerous Project team members to accomplish project goals, including Owner representative, General Contractor, Installation Services, and Freight line.
• Designated point of contact for status updates and implementation of changes to project timeline.
• Enter Sales Orders for customer billing.
• Manage vendor deposit requests with AP department and client payments.
• Assist with close out and reconciliation of completed project paperwork.
• Maintain all project files.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department
staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Capable of working with minimum supervision and independently or within a team on special projects.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
• Familiarity with PeopleSoft plus.
2 years’ experience in hospitality purchasing of FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) projects. Knowledge of FF&E specification created by hotel brands helpful.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.