MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Transportation experience and CDL Class A with Hazmat endorsement preferred.
- Experience using Powered Industrial trucks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures and practices; inventory control processes, procedures and practices; and inventoried product line specifications (dimensions, weight, etc.)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Leadership skills – Ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style. Delegates responsibilities effectively.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
- Ability to build working relationships with internal and external business partners, vendors and customers.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Make timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approach others in a tactful manner. React well under pressure. Follow through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solution.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to provide effective training to department staff on areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Packaging/Supply technology software and programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, other office and warehouse equipment and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 200 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position will primarily work in a manufacturing and warehouse environment and may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, cold or elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate and environment fast paced.
- Travel may be required to visit other office locations or attend company events, staff meetings or training sessions. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)