The Warehouse Selector is responsible for the following warehouse activities including but not limited to: selecting, shipping, putaway, replenishment, consolidation, count checks, loading of trucks.
• Select customer orders using Vocollect Voice Recognition Technology: Uses various powered industrial equipment to perform the following:
Select, palletize and convey product to staging area for shipment to customers.
Meet company Productivity and Accuracy goals to ensure excellent customer service.
Wrap pallets by machine or hand to ensure stability.
Load outbound shipments in a way so that they are stable to ensure safety and avoid product damage
Conveying of items from the Receiving area or Staging area to Home, Overflow or Bulk locations
• Replenishment, Item Demand, Count Checks and Consolidation of items in the warehouse:
Convey items from storage locations to Home/Bulk locations
Consolidate like items in storage locations to maximize warehouse space
Count inventory to make sure product quantities are correct in the locations
• Warehouse Housekeeping and Safety:
Clean dock areas & all assigned aisles in accordance with warehouse policy
Comply with all Safety regulations and standards
High School Diploma or GED
• Experience working in a warehouse environment preferred
• Proficient in the operation of Powered Industrial Trucks such as stand-up reach truck or sit-down truck and other industrial equipment (i.e., double pallet jack). 1-2 years’ related experience preferred.
• Warehouse Management System (i.e., WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft) experience preferred.
• Experience with RF or Voice devices preferred but not required.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively prepare and present reports and information and respond to questions from suppliers,
customers, management and inter-department staff.
• Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to build working relationships with internal business partners, vendors and
• Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Expertise in gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio and percent; use of whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to read, understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner. Complies with local, state and federal regulations and safety guidelines.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently prepared and ready to work and on time.
• Experience with WMS-HighJump/PeopleSoft, Voice Recognition and RF devices a plus.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.