MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 1 - 2 years’ in customer service or sales experience.
- Experience in hospitality or distribution preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to communicate clearly through email and telephone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, management and associates. Capable of working with others in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Ability to think creatively and become solution driven.
- Active listening skills to understand and interpret solution driven selling.
- Aptitude for processing information and incorporating feedback for interactive business conversation.
- Capacity to convey ideas effectively and sell a variety of products
- Professional demeanor, vibrant personality, and the ability to instill trust with people.
- Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work independently within a team environment and strive to be the best.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Computer literacy including familiarity in handling and maintaining a customer database and skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook) and Internet navigation.
- Familiarity with Phocas, GForce and Salesforce.com a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, limited travel may be required to attend training sessions, staff meeting, company events, client meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on customer needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)