Seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, analytical and process oriented candidate to join our Human Resources team as the Human Resources & Payroll Specialist. This position plays a key role in HR operations supporting associates in multiple facilities across the United States.
Would you like to be part of a Fortune 100 company? Would you like to be a part of a company whose strategic business initiatives have propelled it to the forefront of the Travel and Leisure Industry? If so, we have a unique and exciting sales and marketing opportunity for you at Guest Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco.
The Human Resources & Payroll Specialist is responsible for the preparation and coordination of bi-weekly payroll processing with Sysco Corporate. Responsible for the coordination efforts between Payroll, Human Resources and other Departments, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data needed for payroll processing. Duties include but are not limited to review and approval of time records, compiles payroll data, maintenance of payroll control records, processing monthly reports and answering related inquiries.
If you are passionate about process improvement, data analytics, and have demonstrated experience with human capital management and payroll systems we’d love to hear from you. At Guest Supply, you can have a career that challenges your intellect, builds your business acumen and develops you personally and professionally. Be a part of an organization that serves the world’s top hotel chains and independent properties through product design and development, world-class manufacturing capabilities, distribution, and service and support to over 25,000 hotels in over 100 countries. Trust Guest Supply to be a partner in building your career.
1. Time & Attendance Program
• Handle the administration of electronic timekeeping system (ADP eTime) for all locations.
• Set up each employee according to proper FLSA status.
• Liaison with Sysco and ADP to resolve any timekeeping or system issues.
• Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets. Follow up on missing timesheets.
• Review and maintain PTO banks, review balances and communicate any discrepancies found.
• Research and/or address any missed or “punch” exceptions. Edit accordingly.
• Enter schedule changes in time management system as they arise.
• Train employees and managers on how to use eTime.
• Respond to inquiries from employees and managers regarding hours and PTO.
2. Payroll Processing
• Compile payroll data such as hours worked, salary adjustments, commission and incentive bonuses, taxes and insurance.
• Prepare payroll adjustments such as PTO and new hire and termination payouts, leave of absence adjustments, CA sick time balance and other miscellaneous adjustments.
• Ensure accuracy and set up of employee data for new hires.
• Review and validate payroll data from timekeeping system prior to transmission to Sysco. Make adjustments if necessary.
• Review and determine short term disability payments for payroll processing.
• Respond to inquiries from employees regarding payment of wages.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, internal control standards and current regulatory requirements.
• Liaison with Sysco Corporate as needed.
• Prepare and distribute bonus and increase files to management.
• Run ad hoc reports in eTime relating for hours worked, PTO, etc.
• Prepare monthly headcount and retention reports.
• Prepare quarterly Nevada Modified Business Tax Report.
• Prepare government reports, if applicable.
• Compile various reports as needed by Human Resources or requested by management.
• Establish/maintain employee records.
• Ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis. Review changes for proper authorization and adherence for company policy, including compliance with Federal & State Wage & Hour laws.
• Participate in Sarbanes Oxley testing and internal audits.
• Prepare periodic government reports of earnings, taxes and deductions.
• Upon receipt, submit disability & unemployment claims.
• Respond to employment verifications accordingly.
• Submit garnishment notices to Sysco, upon receipt.
• Provide support with Human Resources activities and projects as needed.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, under minimal supervision, and as a team member.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Communication - Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and professional interactive skills required. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Attentively listens and gets clarification as needed. Writes clearly and
informatively – able to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Approaches others in a tactful manner and is able to manage difficult or emotional employee situations. Building effective working relationships within the Company is essential.
• Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with difficult or emotional topics. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Meets
challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work.
• Planning/Organizing/Adaptability – Prioritizes and plans work activities using time efficiently. Reacts well under pressure and is able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Maintains high level of confidentiality, discretion and professionalism at all times.
• Proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Access.
• 2-4 years’ experience processing high volume, multi-state payroll working with ADP (EV5) Payroll and ADP eTime applications.
• Thorough working knowledge of payroll principles and practices and Federal & State Wage and Hour laws.
• Strong reporting analytics working with Excel and MS Access.
• Prior experience with Workday (Human Capital Management platform) preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.