MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 1 year experience in manufacturing environment handling chemical raw materials.
- Ability to operate scales & various material handling equipment.
- Powered Industrial Truck experience a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or government regulations. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently to determine and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Quality - Attention to detail when performing routine quality inspections.
- Ability to operate various processing equipment. PIT certification is required.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This position works primarily in a manufacturing environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)