- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification (Reach Truck, Sit-Down and Ride-On Powered Pallet Jack)
- 3 years’ experience in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment.
- 3 years’ experience using WMS and EMS software.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and write reports, technical procedures and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), WMS and EMS software, preferably High Jump and People Soft.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to work independently to determine and apply appropriate policies and procedures and recognize the critical financial impacts to the business.
- Ability to learn new information and perform at a high level of efficiency in a minimal amount of time.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Establishes clear courses of actions for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively communicates changes and progress. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to provide effective training and coaching to department staff on areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, Policies, etc. and apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Punctuality, flexibility and a sense of urgency.
Phycial Demands and Work Environment
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate powered industrial equipment, computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While this position will primarily work in a warehouse/manufacturing environment, this position may require travel. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to move different package sizes and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, airborne particles, cold and elevated ambient temperature and outside weather conditions.
- This position may require working overtime on other shifts and weekends depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)