Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in over 100 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for the leadership, development and performance of all sales associates in the assigned district and ensures their clear understanding of the company vision and mission. This position staffs and directs a team of Territory Managers (TMs) responsible for sales growth through category penetration, new business development and account management. The DSM provides leadership, strategic planning, training, support and monitoring for all sales activities to ensure the district achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and goals. This leader establishes plans and jointly builds strategies with senior sales leadership to increase sales revenue from existing clients and new client acquisitions. The DSM oversees the training and educational programs for their sales team. This role requires participation in major client presentations and discussions to ensure best in class customer service.
The DSM works directly with the TMs and customers in the field by assisting on sales calls while providing constructive feedback and coaching to further develop the skills and abilities of each TM on their team. The DSM also provides leadership, strategic planning, and monitors all sales activities to ensure the district achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with the company vision and goals. Plus, the DSM recruits, selects, trains, assigns territories, schedules field time, coaches, counsels, and maintains accountability for goals and objectives for all TMs in their district. The DSM will establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the district and affiliated territories. This leader will work closely with TMs to project expected sales volume and profit for existing and new properties. The DSM ensures that plans are followed by TMs to meet all established quarterly and annual goals. This progressive sales leader will work cross-functionally with all operating untis that support the sales organization to create and foster a collaborative work environment.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
• A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
• Excellent listening, presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
• Customer Service – Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follows up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing and forecasting)
• Computer literacy that includes maintaining a customer database, Internet navigation and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) as well as a willingness to become proficient using prescribed sales technology and software (i.e. Phocas, GForce, Salesforce.com and PeopleSoft).
• 3-5 years of sales management experience in the B2B market segment preferred.
• 2-3 years field sales experience
• Experience with managing a remote sales team is preferred.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
Health, dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Short and long term disability insurance
Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel, including overnight (approx. 30 %) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Overtime work may be required depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.