The Intern will assist in managing technical and non-technical programs and projects related to design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems/procedures that are used to monitor and streamline processes for a wide array of value chain domains such as Quality, Environment and Social Management. Also assist in managing projects related to strategic business initiatives and product development, testing and quality assurance of Guest Supply products.
Tasks would include content review, data gathering and collection, report development and data entry. Ensuring high quality of deliverables and monitoring project progress are also key components of this position.
• Assist with research and data gathering activities related to the hospitality personal care amenities market segment and product lines.
• Assist in Identifying and managing initiatives that help maintain and improve product and process quality by identifying and tracking relevant metrics across the value chain through product testing,
specification management, audits etc. Based on the results of these evaluations and industry/customer requirements, plan and manage product/process improvement projects that help integrate value
engineering, environmental sustainability, and lean manufacturing practices as part of Guest Supply’s business systems.
• Perform literature review.
• Gather data and document key insights.
• Prepare tables and graphs based on data analyses.
• Assist with any project activities as needed, including attending meetings and note taking.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors degree holder or enrolled in a four year bachelor’s degree program in business or STEM related discipline at a recognized institution.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
• 0-1 years experience.
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Detail oriented nature and ability to effectively analyze information and grasp key points from complicated details
• Strong problem solving, organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated interest in areas of biochemistry or microbiology
• Good report writing and data visualization skills
• Good communication and follow-thorough capabilities
• Strong command over MS Office tools.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.