The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for the maintenance and administration of credit limits, payment terms and collection of delinquent accounts receivable for an assigned portfolio of accounts.
• Review orders on credit hold and determine within the parameters of company policy whether to remove the order from credit hold or to hold the order pending resolution of the customer’s account.
• Collect monies owed from delinquent accounts within an assigned portfolio and provide guidance to Territory Managers regarding same.
• Respond to statements, answer correspondence and phone requests from customers and Territory Managers, investigate mail returned as undeliverable, and respond
to bi-weekly past due notices sent to customers.
• Investigate financial stability and determine credit worthiness of prospective customers applying for credit. Establish, maintain and adjust credit limits and payment terms for existing accounts as per company policy.
• Recommend customers for outsourcing to litigation and prepare collection files for review by the Manager of Credit & Collections.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from
other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast paced environment. Uses time effectively.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Proficient experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
• Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e., PeopleSoft) and credit reporting systems (Dun & Bradstreet, Experian).
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, or Certified Credit Executive (CCE) credentials.
3-5 years related credit & collections experience within 1 year of applying for position.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
Health, dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Short and long term disability insurance
Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel, including overnight (approx. 30 %) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Overtime work may be required depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.