The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and directing daily inbound and outbound warehouse operations including but not limited to product receiving, product replenishment, order selection, order loading, facility expense and revenue management and adherence to company policies and government regulations while ensuring superior customer service and the safety & security of designated facility.
• Manage the daily workload and safety of Warehouse Supervisors and associates. Review and set priorities to ensure orders are correct, complete and leave on time to ensure excellent customer service.
• Manage the proper selection, purchase and utilization of Company assets in support of warehouse operations. Coordinate with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
• Proactively look ahead to meet/exceed anticipated workloads. Establish and implement processes and systems to efficiently meet inventory management goals and work with the Regional
Director to help improve service levels for the facility, region, and the company.
• Suggest efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with the implementation of changes with inbound and outbound warehouse operations. Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of management and promote cooperation with other departments.
• Daily review shipping and loading audits ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed and material is handled and stored correctly with minimum potential for loss.
• Ensure day to day management and associate activities are in alignment with safety strategy. Maintain safe and healthy work environment.
• Direct, coordinate and monitor the daily activities & performance of Operations team to assure compliance of standard Company policies, procedures, quality and safety. Coach and develop
team in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Maintain a positive and safe work environment.
• Oversee employee relations and participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Establish performance goals, monitor progress and provide feedback as necessary. Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, mentoring and resolving conflict. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Provide and/or coordinate training as needed. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
• Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and
suggestions for improvement.