The Mail Services & Facilities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and organizing incoming and outgoing mail and ordering and maintaining supplies (office, kitchen, copier, etc.) and maintaining office areas as instructed. This role is a key partner to the Workplace Service Manager and assists in interacting with building occupants resolving and coordinating services and systems for the smooth operation of the corporate office building.
Facility Support & Safety:
• Help initiate small to mid-size facilities projects and renovations when necessary.
• Assist with oversight of preventative maintenance program and recommends new preventative maintenance items to building management.
• Assist in coordinating inspections to ensure compliance with codes and safety regulations. Including monthly inspection of the sprinkler system, fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
• Assist to facilitate annual fire drills, annual fire inspections and evacuation planning distribution with building management.
• On-call for building emergencies.
• Assist in overseeing the workflow of subcontractors involved in small to mid-size facilities projects and renovations in coordination with building maintenance team.
• Schedule repairs that are Guest Supply’s responsibility.
• Notify building maintenance team of any security issues and assist in resolving any issues.
• Support and help prepare building operations budget, bill coding, and general building- related financial work.
Mailroom & Supply Management
• Lead in the design and implementation of inventory system for equipment and supplies.
• Make daily runs at the beginning and end of each business day to the local US post office to pick up mail and drop off letters/packages to be mailed. This includes sorting and distribution of the mail to the various departments and may
include opening of the envelopes (i.e., Accounts Payable & Net Deposits) as directed.
• Maintain inventory of office related products such as office supplies, kitchen supplies and other supplies for the corporate office. Place orders to re-supply and replenish storage areas on each floor of corporate office.
• Maintain the cleanliness of mailroom and storage areas.
• Review and approve all company-wide on-line orders for office supplies. Review and confirm appropriate account codes on related company-wide invoices.
• Ensure copier paper is maintained and supplied at all corporate copiers.
• Deliver UPS packages within the building; and
• Travel to Rahway Plant or Sayreville Distribution Center to deliver, move, pick up and return inter-office mail, samples, accounting files and other items as needed.
Other duties include but may not be limited to:
• Maintain company van, including but not limited to: obtain gasoline as needed, arrange oil changes as needed, maintain interior and exterior of vehicle and wash as needed, and schedule maintenance or repairs as needed;
• Assist in managing office equipment leasing and repairs including corporate copier and print management programs;
• Order Business Cards, Stationery and Envelopes;
• Maintain mail slots, UPS and Pitney Bowes machines and related supplies;
High school diploma or equivalent- 2-4 years related office experience
• Excellent experience using standard Pitney Bowes and mail related machines.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department
staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and on a team.
• Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook) and standard office equipment (i.e., computer, copier equipment and telephone).
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
Health, dental and vision insurance
401(k) with company match
Short and long term disability insurance
Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
While this position will primarily work in an office environment, travel, including overnight (approx. 30 %) may be required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, customer meetings and/or industry or vendor trade shows.
May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and maintain current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Overtime work may be required depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity