MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to develop and lead a team to achieve manufacturing, quality and continuous improvement goals through training, coaching, performance management and effective communications.
- Ability to provide effective training to department staff on areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While this position will primarily work in a manufacturing environment, this position will require travel. There is very limited overnight travel required and specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions & vendor fairs. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
- This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to hiring a diverse workforce (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)