The Corporate Accounts Representative (CAR) assists in managing all aspects of a new hotel opening and is the expert in hotel brand standards for assigned accounts. The CAR ensures that each hotel is ordering products that adhere to their brands standards, updates all brand related material and creates brand communication for the field Sales team. The CAR is also responsible for the New Hotel Opening/Conversion Process (NHOP) including lead generation, order entry, and working with the Accounting and Distribution teams.
• Account Support – Serve as contact for Corporate Accounts customers (Hotels and Territory Managers) and key point person for assigned hotel brand(s). Answer inquiries, provide updates on order status, research discrepancies and handle
daily management of brand email on-box. Maintain, build, or deplete inventory as needed for new programs/transitions. Work with Corporate Accounts Supervisor and provide assistance to Managers/Directors as needed. Provide customer
service support to field sales team as needed.
• Problem Resolution – Liaison with Sysco Guest Supply Buyers and Manufacturers to resolve any customer inquiries (i.e., lead time, order status, returns, damaged products, etc.).
• Brand Management – Responsible for maintaining assigned brands standards and ensuring all materials are up-to-date (resupply guides, pre-inventory templates, opening order templates, and OS&E guides). Collaborates with Supervisor and
Managers on brand specific new product releases/transitions and drafts brand communications to be sent out weekly.
• NHOP Kick-Off Process – Coordinate kick-off process, pre-inventory orders and receiving final opening order templates for new hotel openings/conversions. Enter inventory building orders in PeopleSoft for each new opening and/or brand.
• NHOP Order Management Process – Enter new hotel opening/conversion orders into the PeopleSoft system, manage paperwork regarding orders and work with the Accounting team to determine the credit/deposit status. Responsible for
cancelling pre-inventory order and entering final opening order into PeopleSoft.
• Logistics – Work with the Distribution team to ship opening/conversion orders and use order management systems to manage, track, and close out orders.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers,
customers, management and inter-department staff.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Relationship Building –Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with staff and customers. Understands team dynamics and works well independently and within a team structure. Capable of working with others in proactive and
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
• Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
• Familiarity with Phocas, PeopleSoft and Salesforce.com preferred.
• 1-2 years’ experience in Hospitality, Customer Service and/or General Office preferred.
• Bachelor degree