MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred. Combination of experience and education considered in lieu of degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE (YEARS & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE):
- 2-5 years Accounts Payable experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES (TYPE & PROFICIENCY):
- Basic math skills with the ability to convert units of measure.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills including the ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). PeopleSoft ERP a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position may require limited travel (<5%) to and from other office and customer locations to attend company events, staff meetings or training sessions.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting. Must maintain a valid driver license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards and current automobile insurance coverage as set forth by Sysco.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- This position may require evening work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity