The Corporate Accounts Manager – National Accounts has direct responsibility to deliver profitable growth through capturing a greater share of the total opportunity spend and the development of new business within the assigned national account customer. The Corporate Accounts Manager – National Accounts will actively participate in the development of an annual business plan to meet the overall corporate objectives of Guest Supply while meeting the long term goals of the customer. In addition, the Corporate Accounts Manager – National Accounts will lead/participate in such activities as new product innovation, customer presentations, planning and execution of new program rollouts/program changes, customer RFP’s, trade shows and internal communication with the sales team.
• Account Management – Daily contact with customer either direct face to face or through other non-direct means. Understand, manage and resolve escalations or critical situations raised by the customer with little to no direction. Raise red flags for discussion with Director, develop plans and execute.
Work with the account team to maintain quarterly price lists, generate quotes, manage supplier contracts, provide guidance/communication on brand specific programs and meet the overall needs of the customer.
• Sales Growth – Participate in the development of the annual business plan. Identify, develop and present new brand programs and new product innovations. Identify zero accounts and develop sales strategies to gain the business. Work with the corporate accounts and field sales teams to capture new
hotel openings. Work with the Management Group team to gain a larger share of their group’s business. Work with GPO’s to gain new business with all of their committed customers.
• Program/Project Management – Develop and execute program rollouts and program changes as required. Lead/participate in the development of RFP responses, including the development of new products. Ensure compliance with brand standards in all Resupply Guides and Opening Templates.
Continuously look for ways to meet the needs of the customer through category management, cost reductions and best practices for continuous improvement.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Capable of
working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes
and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization. Exhibits a high level of trust and accountability.
• A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
• Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Strong understanding of financial concepts (including pricing and forecasting)
• Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
• Familiarity with Phocas, PeopleSoft and Salesforce.com preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales or Marketing
• 5-8 years’ related work experience
• Account Management/Sales Management experience
• Hospitality or related market experience preferred