Gilchrist & Soames (www.gilchristsoames.com) is a leading provider of luxury toiletry and textile collections for world-class hotels, exclusive resorts, and distinguished spas, inns, and bed and breakfasts. Specializing in servicing the luxury market, Gilchrist & Soames’ products can be found in discerning properties throughout the world. Gilchrist & Soames a division of Guest Supply is based in Plainfield, Indiana.
Guest Supply, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco, is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 88 countries with a billion dollars in annual revenue.
If you are passionate about hunting new business, driving results, and you have an interest in a dynamic entry-level sales role, we’d love to hear from you. At Gilchrist & Soames and Guest Supply, you can have a career that challenges your intellect, builds your business acumen and develops you personally and professionally. Be a part of an organization that serves the world’s most upscale and luxurious hotel properties.
This entry level sales position is primarily focused on generating revenue through the sale of bath amenities, textiles and bath accessories to new prospects within the small independent category (small hotels, Inns, B&Bs, etc.). Sales targets are determined by a set of criteria established and assigned by sales management. The utilization of high volume lead generation and diligent prospecting along with disciplined planning, excellent relationship building and closing skills is essential to consistently developing a successful pipeline of new account revenue.
This position will be based out of the Gilchrist & Soames corporate office in Plainfield, Indiana and may include occasional travel within your assigned territory and to trade shows. Territory includes prospective accounts in multiple states in a defined geographic region. Must be able to travel up to 5% of the time.
• Generate revenue from new accounts within the small account category Independent Channel that meets the sales target determined for the territory.
• Develop an overall territory plan and strategy that identifies the customers and products needed to deliver against sales targets (assigned sales goals and metrics).
• Utilize high volume lead generation techniques and diligent prospecting in order to perform the required number of selling movements per day to meet established metrics.
• Gather relevant information about accounts to be used in the selling process.
• Build strong relationships with all stakeholders involved in the procurement process.
• Work with sales leadership to develop selling skills, expand knowledge of selling methods, and deepen understanding of more complex selling solutions.
• Sell leveraging the strength of brands and product attributes, and not solely based on price and service levels.
• Use a CRM system to promptly and accurately document sales activities, keep track of plans, pipeline development, and progress of prospective opportunities.
• Participates on project teams, communicates cross-functionally with internal departments, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to communicate clearly through email and telephone. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, management and associates. Capable of working with others in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Pleasant and professional telephone presence.
• Hunter’s mentality with a strong interest in New Business Development.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively.
• Ability to think creatively and become solution driven.
• Active listening skills to understand and interpret solution driven selling.
• Aptitude for processing information and incorporating feedback for interactive business conversation.
• Capacity to convey ideas effectively and sell a variety of products
• Professional demeanor, vibrant personality, and the ability to instill trust with people.
• Goal-oriented and driven self-starter who can work independently within a team environment and strive to be the best.
• Customer Service – Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
• Computer literacy including familiarity in handling and maintaining a customer database (CRM) and skills that include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and Internet navigation.
• Familiarity with Phocas, GForce and Salesforce.com a plus.
• 1 year experience working in customer service or an account management capacity.
• Experience with consumer, beauty, health and wellness or hotel amenities desired but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity