Who we are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 109 countries. We manufacture personal care amenities and a full range of textiles, and, we distribute nearly everything else you find in the hotel public guest areas in the hotel room. Recently achieving a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Planner is responsible for the planning, ordering, and control of components and production of products to meet company objectives and customer requirements. Directs and implements continuous interface between Marketing, Operations and Contact customers to maintain a satisfactory balance between conflicting demands of the overall sales forecast and contract requirements, while balancing supporting manufacturing resources at our manufacturing and packaging facility. Responsible to maintain materials at the optimal level while maintaining on time delivery to production. Manages inventory levels while meeting customer requirements to ensure ship on time.
Degrees/Certificates Minimum Required:
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Materials Management or equivalent experience.
Years and type of experience Minimum Required:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing and or production planning.
Type and Proficiency
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to write reports, as well as business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Ability to successfully engage and work in team discussions and meetings.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute multiple initiatives autonomously.
• Strong proficiency with basic computer hardware and software, PeopleSoft Enterprise System or other similar MRP planning/ purchasing / inventory software.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
• Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines and shift priorities as necessary. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and preventative measures.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
• Critical Thinking – Ability to analyze situations in a critical manner presenting proactive ways rather than reactive solutions.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
• Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook). Ability to learn and apply Guest Supply technology software and programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• While this position will primarily work in a manufacturing environment, this position will require travel. There is very limited overnight travel required and specifically pertains to company events, staff meetings, training sessions & vendor fairs. May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
• If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position may require evening and weekend work depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This questionnaire in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The Associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor/manager.
Guest Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity