Who We Are:
Gilchrist & Soames, a division of Guest Supply, is a leading provider of cosmetic-grade toiletry collections for world-class hotels, exclusive resorts and distinguished spa, inns and bed & breakfasts. Specializing in servicing the luxury market, our products can be found in over 6,000 properties in over 90 countries.
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 88 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
As a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of 30 hourly employees in a fast paced, high volume, automated liquid filling manufacturing environment. As a member of the Gilchrist & Soames team, you will coach and develop an engaged team committed to safety and continuous improvement. Our 2nd Shift is scheduled four (4) days per week working a 10 hour work day which begins at 3:15 PM.
Are You The One?
If you are a person who has: demonstrated a strong work ethic, demonstrated experience fostering a culture of employee engagement, safety and continuous improvement, and the ability to positively adapt to change in a highly dynamic work environment, and experience with an automated filling or high speed/high volume production, you can have a career at Gilchrist & Soames that challenges your intellect and develops your personal and professional career goals.
This position is responsible for the supervision of 20 – 30 hourly employees in a fast paced, high volume, automated liquid filling manufacturing environment. Primary duties include team development, employee engagement, continuous improvement, process implementation, health & safety adherence, and maintaining a culture of accountability.
• Develop and lead a team to achieve manufacturing, quality and continuous improvement goals through training, coaching, performance management, and effective communication.
• Implementation of lean principles, 5S, Kaizan. Kanban and the ability to identify, define, and document processes, systems and standard operating procedures.
• Champion continuous improvement activities to reduce inefficiency, promote quality, eliminate unnecessary downtime, and achieve production goals.
• Promotes adherence to health and safety policies and initiatives.
• Maintains a culture of engagement and accountability through motivating, empowering and communicating standards that foster an ownership mentality in individuals and work teams.
• Evaluate and recommend employment conversion, train and coach production line employees.
• Work with quality assurance to make adjustments as necessary during the shift to produce finished goods within specifications.
• Work with maintenance to assure running at standards to achieve daily schedule attainment goals.
• Supervise production line operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Conduct employee performance reviews, deliver feedback and coach employees in a timely manner.
• Responsible for shift schedule to include: suggested staffing levels, work station assignments/rotation, employee training, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and back-up for absent employees.
• Schedule and conduct employee and shift meetings.
• High school diploma. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supervision/Management, Engineering or other related area preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as supervisor in a Production/Manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated experience fostering a culture of employee engagement, safety and continuous improvement.
• Leadership in 5S, continuous improvement initiatives, SMED, TPM, and Lean Programs.
• Previous experience with automated filling equipment, high speed/high volume production.
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in this role:
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Short and long term disability insurance
• Flexible dependent and health spending accounts
• Car allowance
• Paid time off – vacation, sick and personal days
• Manufacturing environment with moderate noise level. This position is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated ambient temperature, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
• This position requires full range of body motion to include: standing, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, and reaching. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The ability to utilize a variety of hand position such as hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to operate machinery or work equipment controls is required.
• The position requires as well corrected vision, talking and hearing to normal range.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May occasionally move objects that weigh more than 50 pounds, with assistance from another/other employee(s).
• Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, gloves, and steel toed work shoes.
• May be required to work overtime depending on business needs.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job overview in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.